2011 AAC Update #18
Sorry for no news recently, seems like duties got in the way of commmunication! Lots going on:
1. I've fielded a few enquiries form keen aviators about how to get started and what aircraft do I need? Excellent!
2. The NSW Chapter had a training day last weekend down at Wollongong/Albion Park and plan more, at what sounds like a great location. Standby for dates.
3. The VIC Chapter has their regular monthly meeting at RVAC tomorrow night.
4. This weekend there is the QLD Championships at Watts Bridge.
5. The SA Chapter is organising a training weekend with a promising format for the 9-10 July. Local Committee Member Dave Foord is organising. Standby for further details.
So a lot of activity, which is good to see.
We had a Committee meeting last week and Social Membership was discussed. A decision was made for the AAC to formally recognise Chapter Social/Associate members as de facto members of the AAC. This will be written into the next edition of the AAC Rulebook. A central register of all members will be kept. We think this is the best way to recognise and utilise those who may not fly but wish to participate in AAC activities.
Finding an aeroplane to hire was the easy part. Getting Australian Pilot Licences validated or converted to permit flying a German registered aircraft in Italy is not so 'simple'! If anyone out there has relevant knowledge, now would be a good time to speak up...
If this gorilla can do it, any monkey can...